Teradata Data Stream Architecture (DSA) is bundled in two components: Data Stream Extensions (DSE) and Data Stream Utility (DSU).
- DSE supports third-party backup applications such as Veritas NetBackup, IBM Spectrum Protect (DSA 16.20.50 and later), Amazon S3 (including Snowball), Azure Blob storage, and GCP Storage.
- DSU supports backup solutions, including disk file systems, EMC Data Domain DD Boost storage devices, Amazon S3 (including Snowball), Azure Blob storage, and GCP Storage, but not third-party backup applications.
New Features for DSA 17.02.02
Provides support of DSA on the following versions of SLES 12 SP3 for cloud and on-premises platforms.
- Cloud: SLES 12 SP3-TDC
- On-premises: SLES 12 SP3-STND
New Features for DSA 17.02
- Provides command line support for Google Cloud Platform. BAR Portlet support is not yet available.
- Migrated DSC repository from Teradata database to Postgres.
- The repository backups are now backed up to a landing zone, from there it can be replicated to third party storage, Amazon S3, Azure Blob, DD Boost, NetBackup, and disk file system.
New Features for DSA 17.00
No new features for this release.