Exporting with Teradata Export Utilities
The figure shows an overview of how data is exported from Teradata Database to a JMS-enabled client application through a Teradata export utility, namely FastExport or BTEQ. In general, the data flow is as follows:
- The Teradata export utility retrieves data from Teradata Database and transfers the data to Teradata Data Connector.
- Data Connector transfers the data to the Teradata Access Module for JMS.
- The Teradata Access Module for JMS uses JMS connection calls to access configured JMS administered objects, and connects to the JMS server.
- The Teradata Access Module for JMS composes database records into messages (the export utility defines the database record format), and sends the messages to a JMS server.
- The JMS server puts the messages on a specified queue or a certain destination, called a topic.
- The JMS server stores the messages until any other JMS-compliant application reads and removes them.