In a multi-system configuration:
- All systems must be running the same version of SMWeb (13.x or later).
- All Server Management switches in individual systems are joined together in a single Server Management domain.
- The multi-system configuration has a single Server Management Site ID.
- Nodes in all multi-system configurations share the BYNET V5 InfiniBand switches.
- Each system in a multi-system configuration is assigned a unique system name. For example:
- One system name is assigned to each Teradata Database node and disk array in a Teradata Database system.
- Another system name is assigned to the nodes in an Aster cluster.
- Another system name is assigned to the nodes in a Hadoop cluster.
- Shared system components (collectives and cabinets, VMSs, BYNET V5 InfiniBand switches, Server Management switches, and TMSs) are not assigned system names.