The Teradata PT processor parses, compiles, and executes a series of statements submitted as a Teradata PT job script.
The Teradata PT processor includes the following components and functionality:
- Interface (for submitting user requests)
- Compiler (validates the Teradata PT job script statements and generates and optimizes an internal operating plan)
- Internal metadata manager
- Data stream controller (uses parallel launch and interprocess communication facilities for routing data between operators)
- Checkpoint-restart manager (provides recovery functions for a Teradata PT job)