- Load, export, and update processing
- Data source and destination
- Transformation and filtering functions
- Number of parallel instances of the load, export, update, and transformation operators
In response to a Teradata PT job script, the Teradata PT infrastructure performs the following tasks:
- Parses the statements in the Teradata PT job script.
- Initializes its internal components.
- Creates, optimizes, and executes a parallel plan for completing the Teradata PT job by:
- Creating instances of the required operator objects
- Creating a network of data streams which interconnect the operator instances
- Coordinating the execution of the operators.
- Coordinates checkpoint and restart processing.
- Terminates the processing environment.
The following figure illustrates the main components of the Teradata PT infrastructure.
- Input records before they are sent to the Teradata Database (INMOD routines)
- Output records before they are sent to the client system (OUTMOD routines)
Adapter operators support these routines by allowing you to use the utilities within the Teradata PT infrastructure.