- In Chapter 5, added the BRANCHMSG command.
- In Chapter 5, replaced IF...THEN command with IF, ELSEIF, ELSE, and ENDIF commands.
- In Chapter 5, documented new RESET option for the MESSAGEOUT command.
- In Chapter 5, documented support for 64-bit BTEQ.
- In Chapter 3, under "Running BTEQ Batch Jobs" section, updated STEPLIB description.
- In Chapter 1, updated descriptions for command set controls.
- In Chapter 5, updated syntax diagrams for the following commands:
- EXPORT - MF
- HEADING and RTITLE
- HELP BTEQ
- SESSION CHARSET
- SESSION RESPBUFLEN
- SESSION SQLFLAG
- In Chapter 5, updated command "Purpose" descriptions and "Usage Notes".
- In Chapter 1, under "Command Set", updated the ERROROUT description.
- In Chapter 2, updated the "Command Line Options" section.
- In Chapter 5, updated the ERROROUT command section.
- In Chapters 3 and 5, and Appendix C, updated content to reflect that BTEQ only writes error messages to the error stream defined by the ERROROUT setting.
- In Chapters 1 and 3, added content for the new TRAILINGLINES command.
- In Chapter 5, updated the IMPORT command content to reflect stricter VARTEXT delimiter validation, and allowed use of hexadecimal sequences for Unicode sessions.
- In Chapter 1, under "Determining the Current Version of BTEQ," updated content to be version-neutral.
- In Chapter 5, for both the IMPORT and EXPORT commands, updated workstation-attached syntax diagrams and 'init-string' and modname parameter descriptions.
- For the EXPORT, IMPORT, and NOTIFY commands, integrated subtopics into the main topic, so they would not appear in a PDF Bookmark/TOC. This was done for consistency with the other command topics.
- In Chapter 5, for the IMPORT command Usage Notes, added content to support BTEQ using Data Connector for reading VARTEXT import records.