To uninstall a nonstandard collation and return to the Teradata standard MULTINATIONAL collation, perform the following procedure:
- Log on to a BTEQ session as system user SYSADMIN or DBC.
- Do one of the following:
- Delete the row from DBC.CollationsV where CollName=’MULTINATIONAL’
- Change to N (no) the value of the CollInstall column in the row where CollName=‘MULTINATIONAL’
- To reload the Teradata Standard Multinational collation, enter the following command to execute the DBC.CollAddStandard macro:
- Restart the Teradata Database.
You can also execute the DBC.CollAddStandard macro to reload the Teradata Standard Multinational collation if the contents of the system table become corrupted. Remember to restart the Teradata Database to register the codes.