- Master server - Teradata ActiveMQ, SQL Engine / Teradata Database, and PUT are installed and running on a SUSE LINUX server before installing any of the DSA component packages.
- Media server - PUT is installed and running on a SUSE LINUX server before installing any of the DSA component packages.
- For new installations, the dscuser must be created prior to installing DSC and ClientHandler. This does not apply to upgrades.
A Teradata Version Migration and Fallback (VM&F) upgrade is not required nor suggested for DSA package installation. However, if major OS changes are being applied when the DSA packages are being installed, you should use a VM&F upgrade.
- Start PUT.
- In the main screen, select Install/Upgrade Software and click Next.
- In the Configuration Mode screen, select Typical and click Next.
- In Network Subnet Selection, select 127.0.0.0 (LOOPBACK) and click Next.
- In Select Nodes, verify that the node name in the Selected list represents the BAR servers where DSA will be installed and click Next.
- In the System Information Warning screen, click Next.
- If the System Check Found Problems screen appears, verify that there are no issues that need attention (or correct any issues that need correcting), and click Ignore.
- Accept the default selection in the Select Spool Area for Linux Nodes screen and click Next.
- In the Enter Source for New Packages screen, enter or select the path /var/opt/teradata/ccnumber/pkgs and click Next.
- In the Media Source Confirmation screen, enter or select the source for the new package and click Next.
In the Group Nodes screen, verify that the nodes displayed in the right panel have the settings below and click Next. If they do not have these settings, select Modify Group and make the necessary changes.
Server Type Description DSC Node Type - DSADSC Media Node Type - DSAMS
In the Select Packages screen, select and add the software packages:
Server Type Component Description DSC DSC Media
If the machine on which you are installing packages has DSC and media server functionality, you would install the DSC, ClientHandler, AXMNetbackup, and BARCmdline packages.
Accept the default options for the remaining steps.
If failures are encountered during the Package Support step, review the /tmp/put-dscschemaupgrade.log file located on the system.