Prerequisite Before you can work with the DSC in the BAR Setup portlet, you must add and enable the Teradata System and the Dictionary collector in the Monitored Systems portlet. Under Setup select Data Collectors and enable the Dictionary collector.
If you are upgrading to SQL Engine 16.20 or later or Teradata Database 16.0 or later, run DIPBAR on the Teradata system before this procedure.
Follow these steps to configure and enable the target database system.
- Nodes are configured through autodiscovery. You can view but not edit them.
- [DSA 17.02 and later] There is no longer a preconfigured backup system, you just need to enable the Teradata system.
- Open the BAR Setup portlet.
- Under DSC Servers, select your DSC server.
- From the Categories list, select Systems and Nodes.
Do one of the following:
Add a new target system
- Click next to Systems.
- Select Add Teradata System.
Edit an existing system Select the name under Systems.
Under Setup, select System Details and enter the following:
Option Description System Name [Adding a new system] Choose the system from the drop-down list.Make a system available from the Monitored Systems portlet. System Selector [Optional] When editing a system, to change the system selector, click Update. The credentials to the system are verified before the update can occur.You must stop and start DSMain in the database after changing the system selector. SSL Communication [Optional] Select the Enable SSL over JMS Communication checkbox to enable SSL communication.You must add the TrustStore password created during SSL setup. You must stop and start DSMain in the database after enabling SSL communication. Default Stream Limits For Nodes Set the default limits for each node configured with the system.
- For each node: maximum number of concurrent streams allowed per node. For example, 5 times the number of AMPs on the node.
- For each job on a node: maximum number of concurrent streams allowed for each job on the node. Cannot exceed the number of AMPs on the node. If you enter a higher number, it is reduced to the number of AMPs on the node.
- Click Apply and enter the database credentials.
- Under Setup select Nodes to view the details for the nodes on this system.
Restart DSMain on the destination system:
The system is automatically enabled.
- From the primary distribution node (usually Node 1), run cnsterm 6.
Enter start bardsmain –s -d dsc_name
(this stops DSMain on the destination system).
The -d dsc_name parameter applies to SQL Engine 16.20 or later / Teradata Database 16.10 or later. The -d parameter only starts and stops the ActiveMQ connection. It will not affect any feature that requires DSMain to be completed restarted; for example GDO flag 553 (EnableBackupsforIncrementalRestore).
- Enter start bardsmain (this starts DSMain).
- [SQL Engine 16.20 or later / Teradata Database 16.10 or later] Enter start bardsmain -j (this shows the status of the connections).