You must enable and add BAR portlets to several Teradata Viewpoint portlets before you can configure the BAR portlets for running jobs.
- Enable BAR portlets for the role and for Viewpoint access. You can set BAR administrator privileges for any Viewpoint role in Roles Manager. You can set access to the portlet in Portlet Library.
- Add a Teradata Database system to Viewpoint portlets. You must add and enable a Teradata Database system in Monitored Systems to make it available in the BAR Setup, BAR Operations, and Viewpoint Monitoring portlets.
- Set up the systems and nodes from the BAR Setup portlet. Nodes are configured through autodiscovery. You can view the information but not edit it.
- Media servers are autopopulated with default BAR NC port 15401 and IP address. Edit if needed.
- Configure a backup solution:
- Configure target groups for backup. The target groups must be mapped to the correct backup solutions.