When using a disk file system to back up and restore data, you must add and configure the disk file system using the BAR Setup portlet.
System names and open file limits are tied to media servers during the target group configuration.
- From the DSC Servers list, select your DSC server.
- From the Categories list, click Backup Solutions.
- From the Solutions list, click Disk File System.
To add a disk file system, follow these steps:
- From the Disk File System Details screen, click .
Enter a File system name and path that meets the following criteria:
The disk file system used by the repository target group cannot be used by the operational target group, and vice versa.
- Unique, fully qualified path name that begin with a forward slash, for example, /dev/mnt1/
- Does not differ by case alone. For example, both /dev/mnt1/ and /dev/Mnt1/ cannot be configured.
- Contains no spaces.
- Enter the maximum number of open files allowed.
- Click to add additional disk file systems.
- To edit an existing system, change the Max number of open files next to its name.
- Click Apply.