- You must have an active license.
- If your license expired, contact Teradata Customer Support for assistance.
Complete the steps promptly to prevent the Teradata Database from shutting down.
- Contact your Teradata Account Team to purchase a license renewal.
Switch to the root user environment.
# sudo su -
Run the revoke command from a Teradata Database node.
tdc-revokeThe revocation is complete when you see License has been revoked successfully.
Verify the revoked TCores were credited back to your license.
- Log into the Teradata EMS server at https://slem.teradata.com/ecp.
- Click to expand Products.
- In the Available column, verify the quantity of available TCores has increased by the number of revoked TCores.
Run the activate commands and follow instructions on the screen.
sudo su - tdc-telm -m activate echo $?Zero (0) means the activation was successful; a number other than 0 means an error occurred.
Run tdlem-util -r on all nodes in the system:
sudo su - tdlem-util -r
- Log into the Teradata EMS server at https://slem.teradata.com/ecp and verify the quantity of available TCores decreased by the number of activated TCores.
If the database shuts down between revoking and activating the license, restart the database.
sh /etc/init.d/tpa start