Enabling node failure recovery might result in losing diagnostic information while a failed node is stopped.
- Create a service principal.
- From the Azure portal, note the private IP and either the public IP or private DNS of the Teradata Database VM.
- Log on to the VM using the authentication type you chose when deploying the VM.
Switch to the root user environment.
# sudo su -
Run the following command without arguments.
Enter the following information at the prompts:
- client ID (application ID)
- secret key (authentication key)
- tenant ID (Active Directory ID)
- subscription ID
Service principal details are written to /etc/opt/teradata/tdconfig/service_principal_config.json.
[Optional] Check the following directories:
- /var/log/boot.log (information)
- /var/log/messages (messages)
- /var/log/NFR/tdc-nodestart.log (node failure errors)