Before you change the TDMSTPORT system environment variable to use a port number other than the default of 1025, contact Teradata Support to understand the ramifications.
- Specify the port number nnnn used by the Teradata Tools and Utilities software by setting the TDMSTPORT system environment variable as follows:set TDMSTPORT=nnnn
- Open the System Properties dialog box.Tip: To open the dialog box, open a command prompt and type SYSDM.CPL.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click Environment Variables and add or edit the TDMSTPORT system environment variable.
- Enable Detailed COPANOMLOG Logging by setting up the system environment variable NETRACE as follows:set NETRACE=1 Setting NETRACE=1 enables detailed network information between the client computer and the Teradata Database server. This information is logged in the file defined in the system environment variable COPANOMLOG.
- Add or edit the NETRACE system environment variable.
- Enable Multiple COPANOMLOG File Creation by setting up the system environment variable
THREADLOGGING as follows:set THREADLOGGING=1
Threadlogging supports multi-threaded Windows applications. Multi-threaded
logging is enabled by setting THREADLOGGING=1. For example, if COPANOMLOG is
c:\temp\coplog and THREADLOGGING is enabled, logs
are created as coplog.xxx.txt, where xxx is the thread_id in hexadecimal:
- Add or edit the THREADLOGGING system environment variable.