- Close all active Windows programs and disable any virus protection software running on the client computer.
- If the installation source files are not on the system disk, insert the appropriate media into the media drive.For a list of products and the media each one resides on, see DVD Contents.
- In the Welcome to Teradata Tools and
Utilities dialog box, click Install Product.If the Welcome dialog box does not appear shortly after the media is inserted, use Windows Explorer to navigate to the main folder of the DVD. Double-click setup.bat to start the installation process.
- If you want an installation log file to be created, perform the following steps:
- If the Windows installer automatically starts, exit the installer.
- On the system disk where the source files and folders are located, be sure the folder where the setup.exe file is located is writable.
- Open a command prompt.
- On the system disk, change directory to the folder where the setup.exe file is located.
- Run either of the following commands as appropriate:
- setup.exe /debuglog
A log file named InstallShield.log will be created in the folder where the setup.exe file is located.
- setup.exe /debuglog"path\filename"
where path is the path (absolute or relative) where you want the log file to be created and filename is the name of the log file. Be sure to add the quote marks (").
- setup.exe /debuglog
- Wait for the Windows installer to start.
- In the Choose Setup Language dialog box,
select the desired language, then click Next.English and Japanese are the only languages currently supported.
- In the Welcome dialog box, click Next.
- Read the terms of the software license agreement, accept them (click the appropriate radio button), and then click Next.
- In the Choose Destination Location dialog box, if the default path shown in the Destination Folder block is acceptable, click Next. (Recommended)To use a destination location other than the default, click Browse, navigate to the location where the files are installed, click OK, then click Next to end the procedure.You must have write access to the destination folder, the Windows root folder, and the Windows system folder.
Progress monitors appear during the installation process. No action is required.
- In the Select Features dialog box, select the products that you want to install.The checkbox for Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) Driver for Teradata is always selected and you cannot deselect it because this product is always installed.
- Choose whether you want the installation process to uninstall previous versions of the following products:
- Teradata Administrator
- Teradata Index Wizard
- Teradata Performance Monitor Object
- Teradata Query Scheduler
- Teradata SQL Assistant
- Teradata Statistics Wizard
- Teradata System Emulation Tool
- Teradata Visual Explain
- Teradata Workload Analyzer
At the bottom of the Select Features dialog box, the Uninstall previous versions checkbox is selected by default. If you leave it selected, these products will be uninstalled. If you deselect it, these products will remain on the system.
- Click Install.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish.
- Click Exit to dismiss the Welcome dialog box.
- Remove the media from the drive.Beginning with Teradata Tools and Utilities 14.10, you can start Teradata Wallet from the Start menu.
When you install Teradata Tools and Utilities products from media, all dependent products for your selection are installed in silent mode. On a 64-bit system, both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the dependent products are installed.