Increase the speed of the CLIv2 logon process by limiting the number of host name resolution requests issued by the applications.
- Set an environment variable with the name
equal to the machine name with a specified number of COPS available for it. set machine_name=cops
- name of the Teradata Database system, or tdpid
- number of COPS
- Open the System Properties dialog box.Tip: To open the dialog box, open a command prompt and type SYSDM.CPL.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click Environment Variables and add or edit the machine_name system environment variable.
- Set the SHOGUN system environment variable to 3 as follows:set SHOGUN=3 Setting SHOGUN=3 causes CLIv2 to issue GetHostByName for SHOGUNCOP1, SHOGUNCOP2, and SHOGUNCOP3 only. If one of the GetHostByName requests fails, the successive requests are not issued.
- Add or edit the SHOGUN system environment variable.