Configuration File Name and Location
On workstation-attached systems, the Teradata TPump configuration file must be named tpumpcfg.dat and it must be located in either:
- The directory from which Teradata TPump was launched
- The directory specified in the TPUMPLIB environment variable
On mainframe-attached systems, the DD statement for the Teradata TPump configuration file must be labeled TPUMPCFG.
Configuration File Contents
The Teradata TPump configuration file has the following entries:
ARRAYSUPPORT=on RETRYFIRSTCONNECT=n RETRYOTHERCONNECT=n RETRYCONNECTINTERVAL=s
RETRYFIRSTCONNECT, RETRYOTHERCONNECT and RETRYCONNECTINTERVAL can only be specified in the configuration file for workstation-attached platforms. There are no corresponding command line options.
where the following is true:
- On for ARRAYSUPPORT turns on Array Support for the TPump job when there is no mention of the Array Support option in the TPump script.
- n specified for RETRYFIRSTCONNECT is the maximum number of connection retries when TPump attempts to connect to the database the first time to SQL main session and it receives the CLI 207 error returned. The default value is 0.
- n specified for RETRYOTHERCONNECT is the maximum number of connection retries when TPump attempts to connect to the database the other connections and it receives the CLI 207 error returned. The default value is 16.
- s specified for RETRYCONNECTINTERVAL is the interval in seconds between retries. The default value is 60.