The following data-related conditions can all cause records to be written to the error table:
- A non-existent target table
- Inadequate privileges to the target table
- Mismatched table schema and Teradata TPump DML
- Attempting to store NULL value in a NOT NULL table column
- Out-of-range values
- Data conversion errors, which require input data to be corrected
To help prevent performance issues, it is important to ensure that your data sources generate data records that are valid for the characteristic of the target tables.