On z/OS, with the use of the User Logon Exit routine in TDP, the user name is not required. See Teradata® Director Program Reference, B035-2416 for more information.
Single Sign On LOGON
When logon encryption is enabled on the gateway, single sign-on is disabled on the client and standard logon syntax should be used instead.
where the following is true:
- Optional identifier associated with a particular copy of the database.
- If this field is not specified, the default tdpid, established by the system administrator, is used.
- For mainframe-attached systems, the tdpid string must be in the form:
- where n is the TDP identifier
- User identifier of up to a 30-character maximum.
- Optional password associated with the username, up to a 30-character maximum.
- The database must be configured to recognize the password specified.Passwords that contain special characters must be enclosed in double quotes. The strings in double quotes will not be touched in the LOGON command.
- Optional account identifier associated with the username, up to a 30-character maximum.
- The string specification must be enclosed in single quotes.
- If this field is not specified, a default “acctid” is used.