PrerequisiteUse the Planning Worksheet for Vantage on AWS (DIY) to prepare details of the deployment.
Complete these steps to deploy a Vantage system using AWS CloudFormation templates. Additional Teradata components can be deployed separately on AWS.
This procedure provides options to encrypt your data volumes and root disk using a default CMK. See Encryption.
- If you have not already subscribed to the software you want to deploy, do so now.
From the software launch page, select Launch with CloudFormation Console.
The template URL is automatically entered under Specify an Amazon S3 template URL.
- Select Next.
- Under Specify Details, verify the stack name is unique to your region.
- Under Parameters, specify the values you chose in the planning worksheet, then select Next.
- [Optional] Under Tags, specify up to 50 unique key-value pairs for resources in your stack, allowing you to search at a later time for the resources you deployed.
- [Optional] Under Permissions, select an IAM role.
- [Optional] Under Advanced, set additional options for your stack, such as notifications and a stack policy.
- Select Next.
- Review the information and select the I acknowledge check box at the bottom.
Select Create to create the stack.
This process can take up to an hour, depending on your configuration.Trying to SSH into the instance may cause the stack creation to fail. Do not try to SSH into the instance until either CREATE_COMPLETE displays in the Status column or you receive a failure notification.
[Optional] To monitor the stack creation progress, do the
- From the AWS CloudFormation console, make sure CREATE_IN_PROGRESS appears in the Status column.
- After the stack is created, make sure CREATE_COMPLETE appears in the Status column.
From the AWS EC2 console, select Instances in the left column and make sure your instances are listed under the Name column.
The name appears as the stack name followed by the node name.
[Optional] To SSH into the system with the public IP/DNS of
any of the nodes, type the following command:
ssh -i private-key-file.pem ec2-user@instance-DNS-name or IP-addressAfter the stack is created, Vantage is ready and started. No additional configuration is required. You do not need to run tdc-init or tdc-start.
PostrequisiteSome Vantage features require manual installation or configuration. See Vantage Features.