PrerequisiteThis procedure assumes you have PuTTY and the PuTTY Key Generator (PuTTYgen) installed.
You can configure PuTTY to allow connections to Vantage instances.
- From the AWS console, select .
- Record the Public IP of the instance to which you want to connect.
Convert your *.pem file to a *.ppk file.
- Run PuTTYgen.
- Select .
- Select the Amazon key pair *.pem file that was created when you deployed the instance, and click Open.
- At Actions, select Save private key, and save your key in *.ppk format.
- From your desktop, run PuTTY.
- Under Category, select Session.
- At Host Name, enter the public IP address you previously recorded.
- At Port, type 22.
- Back under Category, select .
- At Private key file for authentication, select Browse and navigate to the *.ppk file you created.
- Select Open and log in as ec2-user.