PrerequisiteThis procedure assumes you have SecureCRT installed.
You can configure SecureCRT to allow connections to Vantage on AWS (DIY) instances.
- From the AWS Management Console, select .
- Record the Public IP of the instance to which you want to connect.
- Run SecureCRT.
On the Session Manager, select to start a new session.
You can also press Alt+N.The New Session Wizard opens.
- At SecureCRT protocol, select SSH2, and click Next.
- At Hostname, enter the public IP address you previously recorded.
- At Port, type 22.
- At Username, type ec2-user, then select Next.
- At SecureFX protocol, select SFTP, then select Next.
At Session name, enter a name for the session, then select Finish.
The New Session Wizard closes.
- In the Session Manager, right-click on the new session you just created, then select Properties.
- Under Category, select SSH2 to view the SSH2 options.
At Authentication, select PublicKey, then select Properties.
The Public Key Properties window opens.
- Select Use global public key setting.
- Select Use identity or certificate file, and browse to the Amazon key pair *.pem file that was created when you deployed the instance.
- Select OK to return to the SSH2 settings.
At Key exchange, select every line that contains diffie-hellman,then select OK.
Diffie-Hellman is a method of securely exchanging keys over a public channel.
- Back on the Session Manager, double-click your session to connect to your instance.