PrerequisiteThe IAM user must have permissions for AWS CloudFormation, IAM roles, IAM profiles, and instance profiles. Also, check if AWS service limits need to be increased, particularly for EBS, EC2 instances, and VPC elastic IP address limits.
You must subscribe to each Teradata software product on the AWS Marketplace before you can deploy it, regardless of purchasing method, packaging option, or license tier.
If you purchased an Annual subscription your Teradata Account Team creates a Private Offer for you in the AWS Marketplace.
- Log in to the AWS Marketplace, then type Teradata in the Search box.
Select the product link for the desired license tier.
- Teradata Vantage Enterprise (DIY)
- Teradata Vantage Advanced (DIY)
- Teradata Vantage Base (DIY)
- Teradata Vantage Developer (Free, DIY)
If subscribing to a different Teradata software component, select the product link option.
- Teradata Data Mover (DIY)
- Teradata Data Stream Controller (DIY)
- Teradata Ecosystem Manager (DIY)
- Teradata QueryGrid (DIY)
- Teradata Query Service (DIY)
- Teradata Server Management (DIY)
- Teradata Viewpoint (Multiple Systems) (DIY)
- Teradata Viewpoint with Teradata Data Lab (DIY)
- Teradata Viewpoint (DIY)
- Select Continue to Subscribe.
- Under Software Pricing, select a subscription term.
- Under Version, select the Vantage release version from which to deploy the instance.
Under Region, select a region.
See AWS Regions.
- Under Deployment Options, select Vantage local/EBS storage - existing VPC.
- Verify your selections, then select Accept Software Terms.
- Repeat these steps for every Teradata software product you want to deploy.