PrerequisiteDeploy Vantage first. See Deploying Teradata Ecosystem Using AWS CloudFormation and Deploying Vantage Using AWS CloudFormation
Some Teradata software can be deployed using Manual Launch if you are deploying the software separately from Vantage on AWS.
- If you have not already subscribed to the software you want to deploy, do so now.
- Log in to AWS Marketplace.
- From your account menu in the upper-right corner, select Your Marketplace Software.
- Select Launch More Software under the subscription name of the software you want to deploy.
- Review the configuration options and pricing details, then select Continue.
- Select Manual.
- At Select a Version, select the AMI version from which to deploy the instance.
- [Optional] To view cost information for running the instance in a region other than the default, select the region at Pricing Details under For region.
At Pricing Details under
Hourly Fees, note the name of the EC2
instance type that you want to use.
You will need this name to begin configuring the instance later in this procedure.
Select Launch with EC2 Console beside the Region in which you want to run the instance.
The EC2 Console opens to the Step 2: Choose an Instance Type page.
Select beside the row listing the instance type you noted earlier, then select Next: Configure Instance Details.
Deploying instance types other than those that Teradata supports may result in the instance not deploying.
On the Step 3: Configure Instance
Details page, change the default settings for the following
Parameter Action Auto-assign Public IP Select Enable. Network Select a different setting or select Create new VPC to run the instance in a network other than the default.
[Optional] Change the default settings for other instance
parameters as follows:
Settings Action Number of Instances Enter a value other than 1 to deploy multiple instances from the same AMI. Purchasing option Select the check box to Request Spot Instances. Subnet Select a different setting or select the link to configure a new subnet to run the instance in an Availability Zone other than the default. Placement group Select a setting other than No Placement Group to enable the instance to participate in a low-latency, 10 Gbps network.Placement group appears when you request spot instances. IAM role Select a different setting or select the link to configure a new IAM role. Shutdown behavior Select a setting other than Stop.The Shutdown behavior option is not displayed, if you selected Request Spot Instances. Enable termination protection Select the Protect against accidental termination check box. Monitoring Select the Enable CloudWatch detailed monitoring check box. Tenancy Select a setting other than Shared - Run a shared hardware instance.
- Select Next: Add Storage.
[Optional] To set storage volumes to delete on instance
termination, select all check boxes in the Delete on
Unless you set volumes to delete on termination, all data remains and storage-related charges continue to accrue. You can also enable this setting after deploying the instance. See Setting EBS Storage for Deletion on Instance Termination.
- Select Next: Tag Instance.
At Value, enter a name for the instance.
Name the instance to help you identify it in the EC2 Management Console.
- Select Next: Configure Security Group.
On the Step 6: Configure Security
Group page, do one of the following:
Action Steps Configure a new security group
- Select Create a new security group.
- Enter a Security Group Name and, if desired, a description.
- Configure the SSH rule, and select Add Rule to configure additional rules as required.
Choose an existing security group
- Select Select an existing security group.
- Select beside the row listing the preferred security group.
- Select Review and Launch.
- Review the instance configuration summary information for accuracy, then select the applicable Edit link if you want to change settings before deploying the instance.
The time required for an instance to deploy varies because instance types come in various sizes with varying combinations of CPU, memory, storage, and networking capacity.
In the Select an existing key pair or create a key pair window, select one of the following, then select Launch Instances.
- Choose an existing key pair
- Create a new key pair
- Select to acknowledge that you have access to the private key pair file, then select Launch.
View your instances in the EC2 Management Console, and monitor the status of the deploying instance.
- Spot instances: If you requested spot instances, select View Spot Instances.
- Instances: Select View Instances.
Postrequisite When the Instance State changes to running, complete the applicable procedure under Configuring Teradata Software on AWS .