PrerequisiteUse the Planning Worksheet for Vantage on AWS (DIY) to prepare details of the deployment.
Deploy Vantage before deploying other Teradata software.
Use this procedure to deploy Teradata Data Mover.
- Data Mover: If you are deploying Teradata components separately on AWS, you can use AWS CloudFormation to deploy a single Data Mover agent or a cluster of up to 4 agents. In general, the greater the number of agents, the better the throughput for larger Vantage systems and high Data Mover workload.
- If you have not already subscribed to the software you want to deploy, do so now.
- Log in to AWS Marketplace.
- From your account menu in the upper-right corner, select Your Marketplace Software.
- Select Launch More Software under the subscription name of the software you want to deploy.
Select an appropriate value under each of the following categories:
Category Action Software Pricing Select your subscription term. Software Version Select the release version from which to deploy the instance. Region Select a region. Deployment Options Select one of the following:
- Teradata Data Mover MPP system with EBS storage
- Server Management in VPC for multi-app monitoring
Under Launch, select Launch with CloudFormation Console.
The template URL is automatically specified under Specify an Amazon S3 template URL.
- Select Next.
- Under Specify Details, verify the stack name is unique to your region.
- Under Parameters, specify the values for the appropriate software, then select Next.
- [Optional] Under Tags, specify up to 10 unique key-value pairs for resources in your stack so you can search later for the resources you deployed.
[Optional] Under Advanced, set additional options for your stack, such as notifications and a stack policy.
To troubleshoot a stack failure, change the Rollback on failure setting to No. The default setting is Yes.
- Select Next.
- Review the information, then select the I acknowledge check box at the bottom.
Select Create to create the stack.
This process can take up to 45 minutes, depending on your configuration.Trying to SSH into the instance may cause the stack creation to fail. Do not try to SSH into the instance until CREATE_COMPLETE appears in the Status column or you receive a failure notification.
[Optional] To monitor the stack creation progress, do the following:
- From the AWS CloudFormation console, make sure CREATE_IN_PROGRESS appears in the Status column.
- After the stack is created, make sure CREATE_COMPLETE appears in the Status column.
- From the AWS EC2 console, select Instances in the left column and make sure your instances are listed under the Name column.