- Currently, the feature supports the following complex data types CDTs as they have multiple transform groups:
The only time JSON and XML uses transforms are when in Field, Record, or Indicator modes. For MultipartRecord mode and External JSON/XML data transfer, transforms are not used.
- This feature cannot be applied to user-defined types.
- In the same session, this statement can be executed multiple times for the same CDT to switch to different transforms.
- Any transform group change for a CDT using SET TRANSFORM GROUP FOR TYPE should occur before a statement’s preparation or after the prepared statement’s execution. The transform group for a CDT cannot be changed between a statement’s preparation and its execution as it would lead to undefined behavior. ODBC Driver for Teradata will throw an error message (mentioned in Error Message) in this scenario.
- If the logged-on USER already has transform settings, the SET TRANSFORM GROUP FOR TYPE statement will modify the transform setting only for the current session.