Execution Time Errors
The preprocessor may return the following SQLCODE values directly to the application.
As noted earlier, some of these values may also be used to map Teradata Database errors.
The first SQLERRD element should be tested to determine the error type that has been returned.
The text associated with each SQLCODE is obtained by invoking PPRTEXT, as discussed above.
These errors do not affect the status of the current transaction. Hence, there is no implicit rollback or commit as a result of any of the codes reported below (unless a mapped Teradata Database error occurs).
What To Have Before Calling Support
When contacting support personnel, have the following information available:
- The SQLCODE and the first SQLERRD element, SQLERRP
- The execution environment where the error occurred
- The precompiler release used to precompile the program
- The SQL request causing the error
- Access to the precompiler source output, as appropriate
- Support personnel may request additional information.