Important: Network fabric is not supported for repository backup or restore.
- Define a fabric that includes all the nodes
- Use one or more IP address per media server
- Do not edit media server IPs after they are discovered
- Use multiple media servers per node, if possible
- For best performance:
- Define a target group that includes all the media servers from the fabric
- Make sure dsc.properties has validate.fabric=on
For more flexibility, validate.fabric=off allows a job plan to be generated for a fabric that defines at least one node to a media server IP. Those undefined paths use bynet to move the data.