This procedure describes how to configure and launch Teradata Aster® Express on AWS using the Manual Launch option.
- From the AWS Marketplace, locate and select the Teradata Aster Express (Free) product listing page. The Teratada Aster Express (Free) window opens.
Under For region, choose the region where you want the instance to be launched, and then click Continue.
On the Launch on EC2: Teradata Aster Express (Free) window page :
- Select the Manual Launch tab.
- Under Version, no action is required. This setting identifies the version of the software.
- Under Launch, click the Launch with EC2 Console button associated with the region where you want the instance to be launched.
- Under Step 2: Choose an Instance Type, select the t2.xlarge Instance Type and then click Next: Configure Instance Details.
- Under Step 3: Configure Instance Details: for Number of instances enter 1, for Network select your VPC, for Subnet select your subnet. Accept the default value for the remaining options. Click Next: Add Storage.
- Under Step 4: Add Storage: for Size (GiB) confirm 384 is selected, for Volume Type confirm General Purpose SSD (GP2) is selected. Accept the default value for the remaining options. Click Next: Add Tags.
- Under Step 5: Add Tags, Define a tag using the default Key Name and a user selected Value (for example, My_tag). Click Next: Configure Security Group.
- Under Step 6: Configure Security Group, Create a new or select an existing security group. Your Cloud or IT Administrator can provide you with the Security Group setting. Click Review and Launch.
- Review the instance launch details. If any changes are needed, edit the information before launching. Click Launch. The Select an existing key pair or create a new key pair window opens.
- In the Select an existing key pair or create a new key pair window, enter a key-pair value and select the Acknowledgement box. Click Launch Instances. The Launch Status page opens and provides the status of the instance launch.
- You can identify the launched instance by its ID shown on the Launch Status page or by its tagged key-value pair that you specified when setting up the instance. Click View Instances to view the instance. If you encounter any issues launching your instance, refer to http://developer.teradata.com/ for troubleshooting topics. For reference information on managing you Aster Express instance, see Manage Aster Express on AWS.