Teradata Aster recommends launching
Teradata Aster® Express on AWS
using the 1-Click Launch option. Though not recommended, the Manual Launch option is also available.
||Easiest and fastest way to launch
Teradata Aster® Express on AWS. Involves minimum configuration.
- Allows you to launch a single instance using predefined settings recommended by Teradata.
- Can use only the predefined Teradata instance type.
- Can use only the predefined storage size and type.
- Automatically sets EBS storage volumes for deletion on instance termination.
Launching using the 1-Click Option
||Gives you some control of settings before launching a
Teradata Aster® Express on AWS instance, but is more time-consuming than 1-Click launch due configuration requirements.
- Involves additional configuration steps after instance launch.
- Automatically sets EBS root device volume for deletion on instance termination.
- Cluster is not provisioned with user specified additional disks. However, users are charged for any additional disks they configure.
- Requires knowledge of setting up an instance.
Launching Using the Manual Option