As a user, you can create and manage simulation environments to evaluate different decision configurations. You can create the simulation environments as a clone of the current production environment with all the decisioning objects, such as, channels, interaction points, messages, and message strategies. Each simulation environment must have a unique name.
After the creation process is complete, you can use the environment switcher to switch to the simulation environment and edit the decisioning objects in the new environment.
You can select a percentage of live traffic to forward to the simulation. Additionally, set a start and end date for the simulation, along with a daily window during which it should run. You can also add new messages, message groups, and criteria in the new simulation environment.
If desired, you can promote the simulation to the development environment to update the development environment with decision object changes from the simulation environment. To create a simulation environemnt:
- Log into the environment.
- In Orchestration, open Real-time decisioning >Simulation environments
- Enter the Name and Description of the simulation environment.Make sure the simulation environment is unique. Also, you can't use special characters in the simulation name.
- Click Save.
- Click Create in the message.Creating a simulation environment with all objects takes sometime. Wait until the process completes.If there are any Exclusion window set, the timings are displayed. See Creating an Exclusion Window for more details.
- In the Simulation configuration section, enter the value in Percentage of sessions to capture.
- Select Enable simulation to activate the simulation.
- In the Simulation schedule section, enter the Activation Date and Deactivation Dates.
- In the Daily window section, select Run between or Run outside.
- Set the Daily window timings.
- Click SAVE.If you want to make any changes to the decisioning objects when a simulation is running, you must click the APPLY CHANGES (enabled only when the simulation environment is running) to save the changes.The newly created simulation environment appears in the Simulation environments list. Select the environment and click the icon to see the options such as, Edit, Delete, Promote, and Simulation reporting.If you select, Promote, the selected simulation environment overwrites the existing environment in the application.
Use the Simulation reporting option to generate simulation reports.
- Select the simulation environment, click > Simulation reporting.
- Select the dates.
- Select the message strategy or channel/interaction points from the respective drop-downs.
- Select the number of messages to display.You can use Custom selection to filter messages that you want to see.
- Click Show.The Sankey diagram details the decision path of messages.
- On the diagram, hover over an object to display request counts. To find more details click a node, decision point, area, message group, message, or hover over.