To run a single-user simulation on an interaction point or message strategy, you can select a user ID and manually define any attributes of a sample user. Although single-user simulations can run without an ID or manually defined attributes, you can provide this information to produce more useful results.
Running single-user simulations does not add records to the contact history. Any changes to IDs and attributes are deleted when you end your current session.
- Open an interaction point or message strategy details dialog.
- Select .
- To change the information used in the simulation, select Edit Input.The input dialog is displayed.
- [Optional] Enter a User ID.The ID identifies the customer in the contact history, or the ID can be a new ID.
- [Optional] To manually define attributes of a sample user:
If the ID exists in the contact history, any attributes that you manually define override matching attributes from the contact history.
- Select Add Attribute +.
- Select an attribute and select Add Selected.You can also select a complex attribute category add all complex attributes in the category as a group. Complex attributes can only be added as part of a group.
- Enter data for the attribute. The type of data that is required depends on the attribute.
- Repeat to add more attributes.
- When you have added all the information you want for this single-user run, select Run Simulation. You also have the choice to clear the information you have entered, or to cancel the simulation run completely.