Use Rules to do the following:
- Define calculation rules using available data
- Join sources and set how they relate using a join type
- Define mappings from sources into a target table (Insert rule option) or into rule output parameters which can be mapped to workflow-level variables in Workflows (Select rule option)
- Create formulas for specific use cases
- Filter content to a subset of data against which calculations are to operate
- View underlying SQL
You have two options for creating a rule:
|Insert||Populates a destination table|
|Select||Returns results to one or more Output Parameters that can be mapped in Workflows into workflow-level variables. The variables can then be used in subsequent workflow nodes for a range of purposes. For example:
Each rule is a single step in a calculation that is part of an overall model.
Setting the TMODE option to TERA ensures successful retrieval of database or table lists. Otherwise, case usage when specifying table names and column names must be identical (uppercase versus lowercase). See Creating or Editing a Database Connection.