You can also create an integration directly from a workflow or customer list. See Creating a Workflow or Customer List.
Choose one of the following options:
Option Action Create new Select Create New and select API integration. Clone existing Select. Edit existing Either select the data integration or select.
On the Integration details page, enter a unique Name, an optional Description, and select the direction for this data integration.
Direction Description Inbound Use to configure and import (ingest) data from an external system. Outbound Use to export (transfer) data to an external system.You can't change the Data direction after saving the data integration.
On the Connection page, select the API Connection for the integration.
This connection must already exist. See API Connections.
The system displays the applicable methods and endpoints from the selected Connection (as determined by the data integration direction).
On the Request page, select the database table for the API request body.
It can take up to 10 minutes for new databases to become available.
Direction Action Inbound
[Optional] In the Dynamic Parameters area, select a database Connection, Database, and key-value formatted Table that contains the dynamic parameters to use in the inbound API call.
- In the Source Connection area, select a database Connection, Database, and Table to use for the API request body.
- Specify how the data integration calls the API:
- Multiple (default): A separate API call for each entry
- Single: A single API call (as an array) for all entries
- In the Dynamic Parameters area, select the key-value formatted Table from the Source Connection that contains the dynamic parameters to use in the outbound API call.
On the Response page, select a database Connection, Database, and a key-value formatted Table in which to store the API response.
See Data Integration Validation.
- For inbound integrations, the system stores successful JSON responses only. For outbound integrations, the system stores any content type, up to 3,200 characters.
- To create a new table, type the table name and select +.
- For inbound integrations, the response table is required. For outbound integrations, if omitted, the system does not capture or store API responses.
- Select Save Data Integration.
Vantage CX can process only RESTful JSON APIs.