A message strategy defines how you interact with your customer. What types of message groups and messages are delivered to the customer based on the strategy or criteria in which the decision is made.
Message strategies can have one or more delivery channels assigned to them. All messages that are returned in a message strategy decision are delivered to the select delivery channels for that message strategy.
Messages can also have delivery channels selected on the message. If a returned message from a message strategy has a delivery channel selected, and the message strategy also has delivery channels selected, the messages will be delivered to all of the selected delivery channels across the messages and message strategies
The message and message attributes, along with the extended channel are recorded in the contact history.
- Message attributes
- Contextual data on returned messages
- Select .
- Select Create New.
- Provide the initial details.
- Name and Keyname can be the same, but must be unique within message strategies and channels.
- Description and Objectives are optional.
- Select any of the following:
Option Description Decision only This feature is used when all of the data to make a decision is included in the request and the decision does not need to rely on profile, contact history, or anything else in the database to make a decision. It allows the system to perform at its highest, most efficient level because it’s only using data from the request to make the decision,When selected, the system does not do the following:
- Read from Customer Profile or Third-Party Profile tables
- Read or write to the Contact History
- Execute pre-decision, post-decision, and notification scripts
Load Profile data for every targeted event Select if the customer data is dynamic and changes frequently.
Ensures that the most current information is collected from the profile source when a customer interaction starts and a targeted message or API (DeliverTargetedMessages, AddToCustomerSession, RecordMessageEvents) is called.
- Select Save.
- Select remaining tabs and configure additional components for the message strategy.
- Select .On the whiteboard, create and edit message strategy hierarchies, including messages and messages groups which will be sent to the receiving channel.
- Select Save.