The following variables can be used in Rules or Data Sources .
|Variable Type||Where Created||Where Used|
|Rule and Data Source||Map and Calculate step in Rules and Data Sources||
|System-defined (Workflow and Customer List)||N/A: Listed in the Formula Builder (Map and Calculate step in Rules or Data Sources)||Rules and Data Sources|
- Variable Names
- Do not include spaces in variable names. Alternatively, you can use underscore character.
- Rule variables and workflow-level variables can have the same name.
- Global variable names must be unique.
- The following reserved words cannot be used as variable names:
- The following reserved words cannot be appended to variable names:
- The following reserved words cannot be prepended to variable names:
The reserved words are not case-sensitive.
- Global Variables
- Global variables are system-wide variables that have their values populated during workflow or customer list execution and relate to the state of that workflow or customer list and its tasks. You cannot override the values.
- Rule or Data Source Variables
- Rule or Data Source variables are added to a rule or data source at the Map and Calculate step (see Mappings and Calculations). Use the Formula Builder to create rule variables. You can add variables after a rule or data source is created by accessing the Rule summary or Data Source summary page (select a rule or data source for editing).
- System-Defined Variables
- System-level variables are predefined and give users access to Workflows or Customer Lists information such as workflow ID or customer list ID. They can also be used in the Notify node and as assignments to other variables in the workflow or customer list.