Use workflows and customer lists to create and automate repeatable processes.
Workflows and customer lists can contain any of the following node types:
- Calculation rules created in Rules
- SQL statements
- Analytical segments (for customer lists)
- Advanced Analytics nPath definitions
- Email notifications
- Branch and merge options to support parallel paths
- Stored procedures
- Variables nodes that override default values for a specific workflow or customer list
- API nodes or SFTP nodes that ingest/transfer data from/to external systems
- Other workflow nodes, called sub-workflows, used to organize and execute large and complex calculation models
Workflows can be set to run on demand or scheduled in advance. Detailed logs and other information about workflow executions are available. See Execution Card.
Tip: Use a numbering or naming scheme to organize and manage complex sets of workflows and customer lists. For example, a top-level workflow could have a name starting with 000, and major sub-workflows within it could be numbered 100, 200, 300, and so on. Further levels of sub-workflows could be numbered 110, 120, 130, and so on.
The Workflows pane contains three sections:
|Palette||Lists the nodes|
|Canvas||Area where you add and connect nodes|
|Properties panel||Displays the workflow properties, or the fields and settings for a selected node|