Any environments contained in the import file overwrite the corresponding environments in the organization that you selected.
The import process overwrites all objects such as attributes, which affects all environments in the organization. This can cause objects in environments that are not overwritten to break if those environments refer to global attributes that no longer exist.
- If a Connection with the same name exists in the target organization, the import will not overwrite the existing configuration data.
- After importing an Organization, Third Party Profile passwords as well as API Connection usernames and passwords must be re-entered, if applicable. See Third-Party Profiles and API Connections.
- Importing the Organization data from a specific environment (Dev, QA or Production) will not be successful if any of the expected global objects (such as attributes, objectives etc.) are not present in the import data source.
- Log in to the organization you want to import.
.This page shows organization information.
- Select Import/Export, and select Import Org Data To File.
- Select Choose File and select the import file on your local machine.
- Select if you want to import any messages contained in the import file.
- Select Import.
Select Confirm. A success or failure message is displayed.
Any environments contained in the import file overwrite the corresponding environments in the organization that you selected. You must also re-enter any Third Party Profile passwords, if applicable.