The data from Teradata Database systems is sent through media servers to be backed up by backup solutions. These relationships are defined in target groups, which you can create and copy.
- From the DSC Servers list, select your DSC server.
- From the Categories list, click Target Groups.
- From the Target Groups list, click Remote Groups.
Do one of the following:
Option Description Add Click next to Remote Groups to add a remote group. Copy Click next to the name of the remote group you want to copy.
[Optional] Select the Use this target group for repository backups only checkbox to enable this restriction.
A repository target group cannot be deleted or used for other jobs.
- Enter a Target Group Name for the new target group. You can use alphanumeric characters, dashes, and underscores, but no spaces.
- [Optional] Select the Enable target group checkbox to enable the remote group.
- Select a Solution Type.
In the Targets and the Remote Group Details section, select the necessary items:
If you are copying the target group, some items cannot be
- NetBackup server: Select the Target Entity, the Bar Media Server, the Policies and the Devices for each server pair.
Option Description Add Click to add; policies and devices, storage units and open files limit, or disk file systems and open files limit. Remove Click to remove; policies and devices, storage units and open files limit, or disk file systems and open files limit.
- Click Apply.