Install the BAR portlet software on the Viewpoint server. If you have two or more Viewpoint portals in a clustered environment, the BAR portlets must be deployed on all the portal instances in order for them to be part of the cluster environment. For more information, please see Teradata Viewpoint Installation, Configuration, and Upgrade Guide for Customers, B035-2207.
- Move barportlet-xx.xx.xx.xx-1.noarch.tar.gz into the /var/opt/teradata/ccnumber/pkgs directory on the Viewpoint server.
- Start PUT.
- In the main screen, select Install/Upgrade Software and click Next.
- In the Configuration Mode screen, select Typical and click Next.
- In Network Subnet Selection, select 127.0.0.0 (LOOPBACK) and click Next.
- In Select Nodes, verify that the node name in the Selected list is localhost (LINUX), and click Next. If a warning message appears, click Ignore.
- In the System Information Warning screen, click Next.
- If the System Check Found Problems screen appears, verify that there are no issues that need attention (or correct any issues that need correcting), and click Ignore.
- Accept the default selection in the Select Spool Area for Linux Nodes screen and click Next.
- In the Enter Source for New Packages screen, enter or select the path /var/opt/teradata/ccnumber/pkgs and click Next.
- In the Media Source Confirmation screen, enter or select the source for the new package and click Next.
In the Group Nodes screen, verify that the node displayed in the right panel has the following settings and click Next:
- System - System0
- Group - Group0
- Node Type - Viewpoint
- When the question "If you do not designate TPA nodes, the Teradata Database software will not be installed on any nodes. Do you wish to continue?" appears, select "Yes, keep them as they are" and click Next.
- Select BARPortlet and click Next.
- Accept the default options for the remaining steps.
To verify the BAR portlet installed, type rpm -qa | grep 'barportlet*'
The BAR portlet should be included in the output.