The time must be synchronized between all servers in the DSA environment so that messages expired from the ActiveMQ server are not lost. The servers include:
- BAR integrated master and media servers (also referred to as DSC server)
- BAR media servers (also referred to as DSA media server)
- Viewpoint server
- DBS node(s)
The servers should be set in the same time zone with teradata-ntp to achieve synchronization of timestamps.Perform these steps on each server in the DSA environment.
- Log on as root to the server.
- Open the file /etc/ntp.conf file.
Add the following to the end of the file and save the changes:
- To verify that the NTP service runs when the server starts up, type: chkconfig ntp on
- To re-start the NTP service manually, type: /etc/init.d/ntp restart