Available on Vantage on AWS and Vantage on Azure, JupyterHub is an open-source web application that allows you to create and share documents that contain live code, equations, visualizations and narrative text using notebooks. Teradata provides SQL extensions for JupyterHub that allow you to do the following:
- Navigate database objects through a visual user interface
- Run queries, display result sets, and manage SQL history
- Run magic commands that enhance the user experience, including a chart magic for visualization and dataload magic for loading data into Teradata Vantage
- Provides an integrated Teradata parser for SQL syntax checking and context-sensitive code completion
Various sample notebooks allow you to run SQL, Python, or R code, and to create charts and graphs. Beyond the sample notebooks, you can also create your own SQL, Python, or R notebooks, and connect to your Amazon S3 bucket, Azure Blob storage container, or Google Cloud Storage bucket to load data.
This set of extensions must be installed on your JupyterHub instance. If your system supports Vantage App Launcher, you can launch Jupyter from there, and the extensions are pre-installed.
- Teradata Vantage™ Modules for Jupyter Installation Guide, B700-4010