- The stylesheet as an XML value.
- xsl must be an XML type. If xsl is NULL, XSLTTRANSFORM returns NULL.
- The XSLTTRANSFORM method accepts an XSLT stylesheet as a parameter and transforms the XML value by applying the stylesheet. The xsl stylesheet should be stored as an XML type value in a table with a unique identifier associated with it. When invoking this method, you can join the stylesheet table and specify the stylesheet by its unique identifier in the WHERE clause.
- If the xsl stylesheet is composed of a single stylesheet document (the stylesheet document does not include another stylesheet document), you can pass the stylesheet document as an XML type value to this method.
- If the xsl stylesheet consists of more than one document, then do the following:
- Use the Schema and Stylesheet Consolidation utility to consolidate the stylesheet document.
- Pass the consolidated stylesheet document as an XML type value to this method.
- The parameters for stylesheet processing as semicolon separated name=value pairs. The semicolons in the values are escaped as ;;.
- parammap must be VARCHAR(n), where the maximum supported size (n) is 8192.