Use the XSLT_SHRED stored procedure for XML shredding (extracting values from a single XML document to be used to populate the database), and is based on an XSLT stylesheet.
XSLT_SHRED returns a result code.
The XSLT_SHRED stored procedure is created under the user TD_SYSXML.
- EXECUTE PROCEDURE on TD_SYSXML
- SELECT privilege on the staging table
- GRANT ALL (insert/update/delete/upsert) on the target tables
XSLT_SHRED Shredding Mapping Definition
XSLT-based shredding is based on a mapping defined by XSLT stylesheet documents. The stylesheet defines how different parts of the XML document map to columns in target tables in a relational database. Shredding procedures interpret the stylesheet mappings as instructions on what data items to extract from XML documents and how to use those data items in updating the target tables.
- genexp is a mandatory attribute for all the elements under <Row>.
- Only the <xsl:value-of> element can be used; <xsl:copy-of> is not allowed.
- CLOB and BLOB are not supported in XSLT_SHRED.