- The valid-time table from which you are deleting rows.
- FOR PORTION OF
- Qualifies rows for deletion that have valid-time periods that are within or that overlap the period defined by point_in_time_1 and point_in_time_2.
- The name of the valid-time derived period column. This is not “VALIDTIME.” It is the name assigned to the derived period column when the table was defined.
- Delimits the period of applicability of the deletion.
A date or timestamp expression that can be a constant, scalar UDF, scalar subquery, or business calendar function that evaluates to a DATE or TIMESTAMP[(n)] [WITH TIME ZONE] value.
The expression can be any expression, including parameterized values and built-in functions such as CURRENT_DATE, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, TEMPORAL_DATE, or TEMPORAL TIMESTAMP. The expression cannot reference any columns, but it can be a self-contained noncorrelated scalar subquery.
- WHERE search_condition
- For information on the this syntax and other nontemporal keywords, clauses, and options for DELETE, see Teradata Vantage™ - SQL Data Manipulation Language, B035-1146.