Teradata provides the ability to configure the following security policy options:
- Restrict users to logging on with specific authentication mechanisms.
- Enforce the use of, and the strength of encryption algorithms for:
- Integrity, the checksum used to prevent loss or change of data during transmission
- Confidentiality (message encryption with a checksum)
- Assign integrity and confidentiality policy by:
- User (Teradata user or directory principal)
- IP address
- Configure and assign options policies, by user, profile or IP address:
- For sessions that are encrypted between clients and Unity, require use of clear text between the Unity server and a co-located database to minimize processing overhead.
- Specify the users who must log on through Unity rather than directly to the database.
You can also configure a policy to allow or deny logons by IP address. For details about IP logon restriction, see Restricting Logons by IP Address.