16.10 - Evaluation and Implementation Process - Teradata Database
Teradata Database Security Administration
- Teradata Database
- Release Number
- Release Date
- June 2017
- Content Type
- Publication ID
- English (United States)
- Determine the need to implement simple binds in place of the default DIGEST-MD5 binding scheme. See:
- Change the binding scheme if required. See Implementing Simple Binds.
- Evaluate the need for service binds, that is, where the directory authenticates the database system or Unity server before LDAP authenticates the user. See Using Service Binds.
- Implement service binds, if required. See Working with Service Binds.
- For sites that allow the use of anonymous service binds, you can optionally configure anonymous service binds, although this is not recommended. See Using Anonymous Binds.