- You can edit directory entries to:
- Add or remove an IP filter object
- Change the applicable IP addresses in an IP filter object
- Add or remove database users from an IP filter object
- Map or remove the mapping between directory users and database user objects, which applies IP restrictions to the directory users.
For information, see Creating IP Filters Containers and Inserting IP Filters and Applying IPFilters to Directory Users.
- Save the revisions to the directory entries.
- Use the ipdir2bin utility to enable the revised directory-based restrictions. See Enabling Directory-Based IP Restrictions with the ipdir2bin Utility.
- Test the revised restrictions. See Testing Directory-Based IP Restrictions.You do not need to run the tpareset for edits to the IP restrictions. A reset is only necessary for the initial setup of IP restrictions.
- Rerun these editing steps until the testing yields the desired results.