- Review the IP restriction elements. See Designing IP XML Restrictions.
- Design IP restrictions, that is, filters and masks, according to your needs.
- Create the restriction document. See Creating an IP XML Restriction Document.
- Save the completed restriction document. See Saving a Completed XML IP Restriction Document.
- Test the XML document to make sure the restrictions operate as needed. See Testing XML-Based IP Restrictions.
- Enable the restrictions by importing them into the IP GDO or bin file (Unity). See Enabling XML-Based IP Restrictions with the ipxml2bin Utility.
If users log on to Teradata Database through Unity, the IP restrictions must be configured exactly the same on all connected Teradata database systems. No additional configuration is required on Unity.