The value of the LdapServiceFQDN property is a distinguished name (DN) that identifies a bindable object in the directory, which represents the service or application that requires binding.
You must configure LdapServiceFQDN and LdapServicePassword for:
- All service binds, or the directory automatically uses an anonymous service bind. For an explanation of service binds and a list of features that require them, see Using Service Binds.
- Service entries in the <LdapConfig> section of the TdgssUserConfigFile.xml, for example, when configuring multiple directory services for accessing a Teradata Database system.
- “” (default), which specifies an anonymous bind
- The FQDN of a bindable directory object that represents the service or application identity.
Supporting Mechanisms for LdapServiceFQDN
The LdapServiceFQDN property is usable for all mechanisms that support service binds.
|KRB5||Must be edited if AuthorizationSupported is set to yes; otherwise Do Not Edit.|
|LDAP||May Be Edited (required for use of service binds)|
- Edit this property on database nodes and on the Unity server, if used.
- You must uniquely identify each service account.
- If you configure this property, you must also specify a value for the LdapServicePassword property.